August 14, 2006
Some links to celebrate Flash's 10th anniversary.
- 10th anniversary of Flash
- Wired story on Flash turning 10
- John Gay's history of Flash
- Mike Chambers' history of Flash, from 2002 when Macromedia celebrated its 10th anniversary.
- Screenshots of old versions of Flash
- History of Flash startup splash screens (with screenshots)
- Announcement of Macromedia's acquisition of FutureSplash in early 1997.
- An interview with Bill Predmore which has some background on MSN's early use of FutureSplash.
- Jakob Nielsen: Flash is 99% Bad
- ...but Macromedia is 100% good!
- From 2002, a look at how Macromedia was an innovator in corporate blogging
- Blog of Mike Downey, Flash product manager
- Adobe Apollo, the upcoming client application that's a hybrid of Flash and Acrobat Reader.
I'm not sure yet what story the links tell... any suggestions?