Things I realized while reading
February 16, 2001
Things I realized while reading back through my site today for the first time ever:
- All those Peeves make me seem a lot more curmudgeonly than I really am.
- I'm funny, really. It just doesn't show up in print.
- I don't actually care that much about computers or how they work. You would mistake me for someone who does by reading all this, though.
- The word "funk" appearing at the top of this page seems as affected and inappropriate as it would be on a Huey Lewis fansite
- I write about myself a lot. Of course, I talk about myself a lot too. I love me.
- I almost always refer to people by their first names, even when I've never met them.
- First name, even if they're dead.
- I don't say very many sincere things.
- Boy, were my old designs ever ugly. I knew that at the time, too. Mostly. Just didn't care.
- I never write long entries anymore. Not surprising, since I have the attention span of a gnat.
- Self-referential blog-to-blog or me-to-something everyone's already seen on the web links are really boring.